Landlords - Use The Winter Slow-Down To Your Advantage!
Human nature is to hunker down in the Winter months. The rental market is no different and there tends to be a slow down from November until early Spring with tenants tending to stay put over the Winter season.
This is great news for landlords as, allowing for the unforeseen, tenants will generally remain in situ, maintaining the condition of the property and keeping it heated. It can also be a good time of year for landlords to look to complete those little maintenance jobs that have slipped their mind during the Summer months.
Below, we've listed a few of the jobs that would be worth ticking off your list!
· Prior to the weather turning colder, it can be a good idea to check that the boiler is serviced before it gets fired up and the heating turned on!
· If your heating is oil fired then it is worth checking the tank (or reminding your tenants to if it is their responsibility) so that it doesn’t run dry.
· If you have a pond at the property then it is a good idea to remove any leaf debris, which has fallen into it, so that the water doesn’t become too murky or discoloured.
· Cover over and tuck in your half-hardy shrubs with fleece to help them survive the colder months.
· Ensure your lawn mover is serviced so that it is ready to be used again for when you need it in the Spring.
· Clean out gutters, check downpipes aren’t blocked and remove any moss from the roof to stop any potential damp issues over the Winter.
Let us know what you would add to this list? We can’t wait to hear your suggestions.
If you would like to talk to our friendly team about anything Lettings related, please call, 01747 416 516 or email@example.com
Happy holiday season!